Musimack Marketing is a growing full-service digital marketing agency in Tigard. For nearly ten years, we’ve been helping our clients expand and enhance their online presence through website design & development, social media marketing, SEO and digital advertising. We are a team of marketing professionals who are creative, collaborative, and passionate about showing up for our clients everyday. Our core values towards our team are reliability, respect, recognition and professional development. You’ll find a refreshingly positive and supportive atmosphere where you can grow and thrive in your career.
We serve a variety of service-based industries including trade contractors (ie: painting, siding, roofing, bridge builders), trade associations, fitness and many others. Our clients depend on us to showcase their expertise, their professionalism and their competitive advantage to grow their business.
The Content Marketing Specialist develops and writes engaging, impactful stories through a variety of digital platforms: social media posts, blogs and website content. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and comfortable working with clients directly to develop content strategy. They are creative, curious and smart.
We're looking for someone who loves researching consumer and content trends to expand their knowledge of our clients’ industries, brands, and target audiences. They are highly organized and detail oriented.
Develop Content Strategies
Create & Edit Content
- Meet with the account manager and client to brainstorm and define content goals.
- Develop content strategies to effectively reach the desired target audience and achieve marketing goals.
Maintain Editorial Calendar
- Create content for a variety of platforms with a focus on social media but also to include blogs and websites.
- Proofread and edit content before publishing.
- Implement SEO and Social Media Optimization best practices
- Maintain the client’s voice and personality.
- Design visual content.
Social Media Management
- Manage social media and blog content calendars for each client.
- Create, schedule and manage monthly social media and Google My Business posts, with engaging messaging and design.
- Write custom longform blogs, containing a minimum of 1250 words, based on a clear keyword strategy.
- Create authoritative, well-researched content that includes keyword-rich blog titles, sourced bibliography, infographics, images, internal links within client’s site, and backend SEO (page title, meta description, image alt text & titles, etc).
- Research industry trends to enhance social media and blog content. This includes identifying relevant topics, fact-checking, and analyzing source information for quality & recency.
- Review competitors’ marketing content to stay up-to-date and relevant.
Education & Experience
- Execute our internal content strategy and content calendar.
- Create content for use on Musimack’s social media accounts and Google Business Profile.
This is an entry level position ideal for a recent 4-year college graduate in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English, or related field of study. Alternatively, we will also consider equivalent experience in social media management, digital marketing or content creation in-house or for an agency.
Exceptional writing, editing, grammar and spelling skills; ability to write with speed and accuracy, and the ability to create clear, compelling, and informative text with a conversational, yet professional, approach; Proficiency in content creation for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Canva, Hootsuite (or similar scheduler) is required. Experience with basic SEO principles is preferred, along with a working knowledge of Google Drive.
You enjoy learning new productivity tools and have an aptitude for technology including WordPress, Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat. You’re passionate about marketing and thrive on the success of our clients. You have a positive and professional attitude among colleagues and clients. You’re timely and dependable.
Your career growth is a responsibility we take very seriously. You will be trained on the newest technology and methodology for local and national SEO strategies. You will also be introduced to a wide variety of digital marketing concepts where you can discover your strengths and explore new learning opportunities.
Why Work at Musimack Marketing
- Health insurance stipend
- Paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- Work in a collaborative environment in person at our office in the Tigard Triangle
- We’re proud of our culture and how we support our team to learn and grow
Musimack Marketing is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
If this opportunity speaks to you, please send us a cover letter telling us why you are interested, along with your resume and three writing samples. We’re excited to learn about your skills and interests, and what makes you uniquely you!
Apply to: email@example.com